Saturday, April 20, 2013

Gratitude

As good as everything this week went, my body finally gave out. Out of exhaustion, lack of sleep or simply someone passed it to me I really don't know but I'm recovering well, that's all that matters.

So yes, I finally stepped down from all that I have.

Fuhua Secondary Military Band
I wouldn't have imagined myself playing an instrument and appreciating classical music if you were to ask me in my primary school years. I was more of an athlete. But these 3 years and 4 months have thoroughly changed my life. Being in band taught me so much more and I've definitely gained friends whom I know will never leave me on my own. Especially my seniors, who have been there for me, even after their graduation. Also my juniors, whom I've grown to love after my seniors stepped down. The teachers, who constantly put up with our crap. The committee of 2013, who I've worked hard together with. My post of being a band librarian has really been an awesome journey. I really like to do what I do. Now band has become a big part of my life. Whether I continue being in one during tertiary education is another matter but band will always have a part of my heart.

Fuhua Prefectorial Board
I think what a lot of people don't understand about prefects is that we have as much fun as everyone else, if not more. We have received opportunities that most will never get to experience. A great example is Ngee Ann's Youth Leaders Camp. The life of being a group leader in the prefectorial board is sometimes hard but I'll never forget the times where I got to lead groups of people, to serve the school and receive notes of gratitude. I'm thankful to the seniors, to have guided to be who I am today, the juniors who bring much joy into my time in the prefectorial board, and the teachers who have shaped and molded us into people with better character. The journey is never easy but it's what it's worth. I've never been more proud in my life to strut down the aisle with another 4 of my group leaders.

Sometimes I think I have too much on my plate this past 3 years, even my parents constantly complain. But I don't think I would change a single thing even if I had the chance to. Every experience is different, and I'm thankful for each and every experience, good or bad. I don't think I'll join much of the clubs or societies when I move on the tertiary. I'd say I've made my secondary school life worth it.

xo